Wednesday 10 September 2014

Foyles: Witching Hour Literacy Event

I've been so busy of late, with reading and working in my 'real' job that I just didn't have time to blog. However, on Monday 8th Septemember I was lucky enough to attend Foyles, Witching Hour literary Event in London. With authours: Deborah Harkness (All Souls Trilogy), Karen Maitland (The Vanishing Witch) and Katherine Clement (The Crimson Ribbon)

It wasn't what I was expecting. Then, again I didn't know what to expect. The event was held at Foyles book store in Charing cross road on the 6th floor (massive shop! with a cafe on the 5th floor) at 7pm. 
Now, I'm a huge fan of Deborah Harkness and her All Souls Trilogy and I'm also a memeber of the Facebook group AST discussion. So there were a good group of us attending. 

On arrival we were given a free glass of Prosecco before choosing where to sit. It wasn't as busy as I thought it might be. Maybe 50 people, mostly made up of women. The atmospehere was tense with excitment before the three writers appeared on stage. 

Cathy Rentzenbrink opened up the event and introduced the authors to the room.


The event lasted for one hour with a ten minute question time. The authors discussed their latest books and topics such as; How women were portraited and treated in the Medeival time period - 19th centuary, discussion on a few famous past witches and how magic and science are similar.




It was an interesting and pleasent event and afterwards we could buy their books and have them signed, takes pictures and what not. 




Took my own copy of Deborah Harkness Book Of Life (The final book in the All Souls Trilogy)




No comments:

Post a Comment